Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Origin story.

We have arrived in the land of eternal sunshine and beauty. The Czech Republic. The moment we crossed the border I was instantly refreshed with new vitality, eagerly expectant of the adventures that await t.O.E.S. in their journeys through this land.

We left Germany on a sad note. Don't get me wrong, it was a very great place to be, Munich is beautiful, and Berlin is one happening place, especially during World Cup festivities. And suprisingly, getting peed on in my Hostel bed only put me in a strange funk for just one day. I'll tell that story to whoever wants to know. The sad note that we left on was a visit to the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp. To walk around in what used to be a complex of suffering and death was the most sobering experiences of my life. I touched a mound of human remains. I layed a hand on many a people's death bed. I nearly cried sitting out in the fields, with the guard towers in the distance, thinking about who could have died right there, right were I was sitting. But it remains there, as a reminder. We cannot let this happen again. the Oceanographique Exploratory Society will make sure of this, until the end of time.

So now, as I said, we are in Cesky Republiky. And I am officially in love. Nearly every woman here is the most beautiful I have ever seen, and on top of this...they all know how to stew up a delicious pot of Goulash - one of the greatest soups known to man.

So now, as an irritated wantobe internet user glares from the corner of my eye, I will leave you...wanting more. Until then;

Ernst Winterburry
Species Cartographer
the Oceanographique Exploratory Society
"Looking forward and out."

1 comment:

Anton Seim said...

Hmmm... I wish I could punctuate my envy with more poignancy.